Saturday, January 30, 2010

Top Ten Games of the Decade! PF Edition!

For those reading who don't know me, I'm not Pikaby. I'm Pokefreak113. A mod on N5S. Read a few blogs back to see my introduction along with the rest of the team.

I'm here to write a list of the ten greatest games of the years 2000-2010. If you agree, good for you. If not, good for you. None of you have any idea how much I want to put Mario 64 on this list... Be aware, most of them are Pokemon titles. I'm sorry, but I can't shake my fanboyism towards the series.

These are solely my opinions and do not reflect those of Pikaby, DestinyGuy or Nintendo 5-Star.


NUMBER 10:
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

I don't think I need to get started on this game. It was the sequel to Ocarina of Time, which was renowned as one of the greatest video games of all time. This game was like OoT, but featured a more expansive world, many more side-quests, and a much greater storyline. Besides, what's more original than the moon being taken over by a forest imp?

NUMBER 9:
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen (GBA)

Basically, this is an excuse for me to say the original Red and Blue without going back to 1996. The game featured everything that started the Pokemon franchise, but many new features as well. The Sevii Isles were an amazing addition that allowed us to go beyond Kanto and explore a never-before seen world. A tip of my hat to you, Game Freak.

NUMBER 8:
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC)

I have a feeling I'll get kicked in the ass on the forums for this later. I liked this one mainly because it tried something new. Most series' like this have fears that if they stray too far from the path, they'll crash and burn. Four Swords was a more-or-less puzzle oriented Zelda game that managed to do everything right. And it was multi-player! And the GBA version came with a copy of Zelda: A Link To The Past. What's not to like?

NUMBER 7:
Kirby Air Ride (GC)

This, like Four Swords, took itself in another direction and suceeded. Kirby is one of our many beloved characters (cough-pikaby-cough), and he has proven that he can do practically everything. Riding on a cheap-imitation of a Mario Kart game was one of them. And he did it right. Kudos, our pink marshmellow.

NUMBER 6:
Super Smash Bros: Melee (GC)

I don't care what any of you say, SSBM is the best game in the entire series and a huge contender for best Gamecube title. This game featured 25 total fighters to fight against your friends with, and it also started the tradition of having the Fire Emblem series (which I love) brought over from Japan. Thanks, Roy and Marth. The only big concern was that after you unlocked every character, there wasn't much else to do with the game.

NUMBER 5:

Pokemon Emerald (GBA)

You take the awesomeness of the third-generation of Pokemon and warp it into a milkshake of greatness. That's Pokemon Emerald. While it did follow the same basic concept as any Pokemon game, it still added more new things. The Battle Frontier tradition was started here, and what a ride that was. It started tons of traditions we hold true to now.

NUMBER 4:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)
 
Like I said, I can't deny my love towards the Pokemon series. Pokemon Stadium 2, while it is another expansion towards the series, it does it in a good way. This one is actually fun. It's got me coming back for more over and over again. Besides, it expanded Number 2 in so many ways, you have no idea. Kudos... whichever group made it.
 
NUMBER 3:
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)
 
"Wait a minute! This one hasn't even come out yet! HACKER U N00B!" Well, importing games helps. Me and Pikaby imported these from Japan. And I, for one, love it. It's everything the Pokemon series was made to be, and then some. It's like taking whatever your favourite game is and mashing that in with your second, third and fourth favourites. It's a milkshake/smoothie of pure greatness.
 
NUMBER 2:
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC)
 
I mulled it over, and I agree wih Johnny139. The original games were better. Not by much, but better. The second generation gave us what we wanted, and brought back the Kanto region for a nostalgic taste. I can't help but still play it. Even over my HeartGold game.
 
And finally, which I'm sure many of you will kill me for saying this, but I have to, ok? The greatest game of the whole decade is...
 
 
NUMBER 1:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
 
Before any of you swear at me, shut up. I said these were my own views. Don't like 'em, then don't say anything.
 
I loved everything about this game. The gameplay, the story, the music, everything. I wrote a review about it on Gamespot and gave it a perfect 10, quoting myself "The only game that can hold a candle is HeartGold." I loved everything in this. Many people decide to pass on the other spin-offs in the Pokemon series. That's why they never made a second "Hey You! Pikachu!" game. I'm sure now that if we give these spin-offs a chance, we can get more great games! Not just with PMD, but a lot of other games as well.
 
You've now wasted about 10 minutes of your life.
Congratualtion! This story is happy end!
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID swear at you, but then I decided to take you up on your request.

    ReplyDelete