Written by pikaby
Seems the Japanese were about as excited about Pokemon Ranger 3 as I am myself. On the week it was first released, that was on March 1-7, Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light sold 160,532 copies. And since the game was released on March 6th, that makes it the sales figures for two days. Considering how Ranger is always the second banana to the main line of Pokemon RPGs, that's quite some impressive stuff.
Pokemon Ranger 3 continues its dominance into the 2nd week, again topping off the top ten in the sales charts by selling 65,355 copies(although to me, that comes as a bit subdued, but it happens, right?). It hasn't pulled Nintendo's hardware sales back to the top, but no one expected it to do that either. That heavy responsibility falls on another game(I'm looking at you, Mario Galaxy 2).
Figures brought in from Media Create. And before you ask, these are Japanese sales figures. Can't believe I didn't mention that at the beginning.
Top ten in software this week:
1) Pokemon Ranger: Hikari no Kiseki 65,355
2) Tomodachi Collection 35,993
3) New Super Mario Bros. Wii 34,795
4) What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 3D 33,920
5) Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 2 31,674
6) Zettai Hero: Modification Plan 31,447
7) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 28,353
8) RPG Maker DS 23,766
9) Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Ultimate Hits) 22,013
10) Wii Fit Plus 21,085