Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aonuma- 3DS is perfect for Zelda

Written by pikaby


"I am excited. With the Nintendo 3DS, all of the new elements and the 3D technology is perfect for The Legend Of Zelda series. It's everything from the depth that you get from riding through vistas or a more accurate sense of distance between you and the enemy you are fighting. I think it is perfect for this series. Of course we are very excited to see what it can do. Of course I look at what the development environment is like and one of the things that I want to take up further going forward is how playing in 3D effects things. Does it make you tired? Do you want to create a game where players are sitting in front of their systems for a long period of time? Obviously there are things that can be 3D but we don't have to shoehorn it in. If it's beneficial, of course, we'll want to use it. So what I would like to do is to take a look at what other people are doing out there, see what the reaction is, then go back and figure out exactly what I want out of 3D." - Eiji Aonuma

Let's see what the Zelda team can come up with that the original DS couldn't possibly do. Sequel to Spirit Tracks? An entirely new Zelda? Count me in. After we get that Ocarina of Time remake out of the way.

But to me I don't think 3D adds anything more to the game other than the feeling of immersion. It can't and won't introduce any new innovative new gameplay methods (although that's probably the 3DS gyrosensor's job). The feeling of 'being in the world' is probably more important to games where exploration plays a big part like Metroid (remember Prime and how lovely it was? 3DS remake...wait...no, nevermind that when you have the Wii trilogy). I'll probably just stop rambling and leave this as a footnote for things to come. Can't complain with any new Zelda that gets announced anyway.
Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus