Sunday, July 18, 2010

I am officially in love with Rankurusu

Written by pikaby

In one breath then.....RANKURUSU IS SOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUTEEEEEEEE OMGOMGOMGOMG *takes deep breath*. Okay. Now that that's out of the way, if you haven't already figured it out, the little green booger from Gen 5 is now my most favorite Pokemon of this generation.


First I (well, all of us) saw of him was in the unnamed screenshot:



The green sprite is Rankurusu...back then he looked to me like some sort of skeletonized alien or something. I had no clue what it was but I kinda liked it. Better than goth tower to the right of the picture (which would later be named Gochiruzeru)

Then the official Ken Sugimori art surfaced, on the July CoroCoro.

The excitement dial on my brain for Pokemon Gen 5 turned up ten notches. I just HAVE to have this cute little guy! Then the version-exclusive news hit. Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru are both Psychic-type and the flagship version exclusives. For a while there suspense hit. I chose to get the White version because of Zekrom. Would Rankurusu be on it or the opposite version?

YES. Rankurusu is exclusive to the White Version. Screw you, goth tower! I'm going to go hug my cuddly little blob of green jelly XD It may or may not be good in-game, but then again how many cute Pokemon do you expect to do well in competitive battle (Togekiss aside)?

Lots of fanart turned up to. Apparently I wasn't the only Rankurusu fan out there, there was near-unanimous support for Rankurusu on all corners of the world. These adorable, heart-melting ones are from Japanese art site pixiv...not my works. I could never do these with Photoshop. (no, the graphics I did for this site don't count)


So looking forward to adding Rankurusu to my White team, good stats or not!
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. it cant be damged by posion or spikes???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him!!
    He'll fight well next to Rotom, if he can evolve then I'll name him Polymer.
    My love of biology has been appeased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharpened MoonlightJuly 19, 2010 at 10:52 PM

    I am sooooooooooooo in LOVE with Rankurusu too!! OMG IT'S THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! *Runs off to make fan art*
    A pokemon this cute HAS to be made into a plushie. IT HAS TO. BECAUSE I WANT IT SO BAD!!!
    And my friend is getting Pokemon Black, so it makes it even better, cuz now I have another reason to get Pokemon White.
    And agreed, good stats or not, he has a permanent place on my team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic Guard, so no :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rankurusu evolves from Daburan, whom evolves from Yuniran, and yes, Rankurusu has good HP and SP. Attack stats. Plus, in my opinion, it is a good looking Psychic Pokemon. It's so happy, unlike the ever gloomy Gochiruzeru.

    ReplyDelete