Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Immediate thought? There only one Wii Zelda game right? Wrong.
As the Wii reaches the 30 million mark in sales in the US, Nintendo included a list of their top ten selling Wii games. And...look at it.
1. Wii Play
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Wii Fit (with Wii Balance Board accessory)
4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
5. Wii Sports Resort
6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Wii Fit Plus (with Wii Balance Board accessory)
9. Mario Party 8
10. Link's Crossbow Training
Twilight Princess is most definitely not there, but it's step-cousin-in-law, spinoff Link's Crossbow Training is. Speaks volumes about the power of the casual consumer. Or does it? Two factors to take into account wht Twilight Princess wasn't here:
1) It's also on the Gamecube. If you factor in total sales for Twilight Princess for both on the Wii and GC it would've most likely toppled Crossbow Training.
2) Crossbow Training was never sold as a stand-alone game. It was always packaged with a Wii Zapper. I bought my Zapper to play with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles! I just thought of Crossbow Training as an extra. Pretty good darn fun though.