Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DSiWare is go!

Written by pikaby


I've developed a penchant for downloadable games. Also, too many gems I've missed out on DSiWare.

So I ordered a points card off eBay, the seller sent the code to me digitally, and I had 2000 points ready to use! Ha! Take that, Flipnote star scammer! (see Flipnote Feature of May 16)

I'd already planned out what I would use all those points on, so here's what I bought.

DodoGo! 800 points (finally!)

I'd been wanting this cute little egg-saving game for a while now, and I finally get to play it for real! This is the game DSiWare was made for! Aww...look at them smile.

Art Style: PiCTOBITS 500 points

Because you just can't go without at least one Art Style game. Their abstract graphical styles and even more abstract rules make this an essential purchase. (even if you chose an AS game other than PiCTOBITS). This one involves completing an 8-bit picture on the top screen by lining up tiles on the bottom.


Bird & Beans 200 points

Pyoro and Pyoro 2 from WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgame$ reincarnated for DSiWare. Arguably I love these two games, so I just had to own it for the nostalgic factor (and the fact that the DSi can't play WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgame$)


Looksley's Line Up 500 points

Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda, the head-tracking 3D head-spinner and the most clever use of the DSi camera to date. The DSi's camera is used to simulate 3D effects, tilting it around to find hidden letters and objects. Even if the camera is a bit wonky(same problems faced by WarioWare Snapped because of the camera's quality), it's still worth it just for the innovation alone.   


I could review them in more detail later, so watch this space!

Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus